Feb 14, 2013 No Comments ›› littlebytes
SACRAMENTO, Calif. (CBS13) – A 72-year-old man was walking to his home when he was confronted by four male suspects and beaten in north Sacramento, all for the $15 he had in his wallet.
Click image for video
The victim, Robert Norris, described a brutal beat down, all for a few bucks.
“They used their fists,” he said. “One of them kicked me.”
It happened off Del Paso Boulevard and Forrest Street. Norris was feeling outnumbered Sunday around sunset.
“They helped themselves to my wallet,” he said. “I wouldn’t give it to them. Four of them and one of me, so I figured I didn’t have much of a chance.”
They made out with $15 and his ID, leaving him banged up and bloodied, his ear split.
A caregiver in the area says she feels for the seniors at Forest Palms Apartments, a community that now intends to provide protection.
“My clients don’t even like to come out of their house,” Melinda Metlock said. She said the seniors “deserve to have a peaceful life and to be able to live without fear.”
Police say there are four suspects working together. Norris, the victim, described them as between 17 to 20 years old.
Not sure where Savage heard the race of the attackers were black males, but it must have been in local reports or earlier reports before the politically correct news media censored it. This is at least the second attack in the same area against a senior citizen. Previously, a Senior woman was raped and robbed. The suspects were also described as between 17 and 20 by the media, which neglected to describe what race the attackers were.